China question: How do I handle my employees’ social insurance payments?

Jan 5, 2015
I have heard that underpaying social insurance is a major cause of labour unrest in China. How do I calculate employees’ contribution amounts correctly and ensure all payments are made in compliance with labour and insurance laws? What is the most cost-effective way to handle this?

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

The Beijing perspective

In China, there are five types of statutory social insurance that must be paid into the state social insurance fund together by both the employer and employee. These include basic pension insurance, basic medical insurance, work-related injury insurance, unemployment insurance and maternity insurance.

This premium content is reserved for
China Law & Practice Subscribers.

Benefits Include:

  • Unlimited access to site and digital newsletters
  • 5 free articles across the ALM subscription network every 30 days
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications

Continue reading by getting
started with a subscription.

Subscribe Now For Unlimited Access